Monday, April 2, 2012

MLB West Coast Quick Preview

If you include the state of Arizona, which is fickle by my count, there are seven major league baseball teams in the pacific time zone, more teams than any other professional sport. We're coming up on MLB 2012, with the first game on Wednesday and most west coast teams starting Friday.

It's also the longest season for any major professional team sport in the country, so there's lots of material for this blog (shameless plug). However, for how long this blog has been around before the start of the MLB year, I'll make this quick.

I'm awarding seven predictions for the west coast teams this baseball season. Don't expect one award to go to each team. No, we can't all be winners.

1. The Home Run Leader: Los Angeles Dodgers

2. The Strikeout Leader: San Francisco Giants

3. Most All-Star Selections: Arizona Diamondbacks

4. Most Errors: Oakland Athletics

5. Team that fails to meet the most expectations: San Diego Padres

6. Most improved team: Seattle Mariners

7. Best overall team in 2012: Los Angeles Angels

Remember, this is only among west coast teams. And would you look at that? I used all seven of them.
If you demand I explain myself, please respond below.

Catch the MLB season on ESPN, ESPN2, FOX, TBS, MLB Network, and your regional sports network.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan Kulin's bio

My photo
I'm a west coast sports fan who is crazy about sports writing and broadcasting. I've been talking about sports since I was 8, and on the radio since I was 18. I graduated from the Murrow College at Washington State University in 2009 and am working on finishing my Master's. Currently I do TV commentary for local high school sports. Maybe I'm here to change your mind or alter your perspective. (I'm the one on the right in the picture.)